So much is wasted these days... sigh

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by call ducks, Aug 21, 2011.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Ok i find this soo anyoing,

When you go to a groceery store and buy a turnip ( just bear with me here) There's at lest one turnip that is thrown out, if not more, why do we have to waste so much [​IMG] we buy culls from a local farmer and they are fine, but maybe have two extra roots or what ever, a small nick, there thrown out.

Same goes for meat know a days, very few people eat heart anymore (i do not eat heart never had the option to try it) so few eat gosse duck, goat, anymore. Ohh my i hate fussy people because there food does not "look right".

2. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Be cause people think it is nasty. really I am not wasting, cause something will decompose it.

3. ChickyLove

ChickyLove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Springfield, MA.
    Depends on what it is, I think. If my carrots have an odd look to them I'll give them to the guinea pigs. However if my apples have a bruise, I just cut it out and eat the apple anyways. There is a lot of waste though.

4. Mr.Bacon

Mr.Bacon New Egg

Feb 16, 2009
    I enjoy eating anything and everything [​IMG] I love eat grilled chicken hearts <3

5. PortugalBreeder

PortugalBreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:That would be true, if the organic garbage didn't went to landfills mixed with plastics and toxic chemicals that will contaminate everything that touches them.

6. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Mr.Bacon :

I enjoy eating anything and everything [​IMG] I love eat grilled chicken hearts <3

ahh yes, have not tried those yet, i was talking about cow hearts.

Portugal Breeder.... Your kidding right???????????????? Unless citys live in the stone age they should have some sort of sorting law.

But matthew brings up why there is so much waste.... Beause people think if it has one little mark in it it's no good.​

7. PortugalBreeder

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:ahh yes, have not tried those yet, i was talking about cow hearts.

Portugal Breeder.... Your kidding right???????????????? Unless citys live in the stone age they should have some sort of sorting law.

But matthew brings up why there is so much waste.... Beause people think if it has one little mark in it it's no good.

Of course they have, but do you think 100% is sorted? Germany has the record and sorts 60% to recycle. But what do you think happens to the other 40%? Incineration or landfill is the only options.

8. PortugalBreeder

Oct 9, 2010
  9. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    I think if they gave people jobs to sort through garbage and recycle everything that's recyclable it would be better for the economy. And get bonus points for "green living"

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I grew up eating the hearts and even cow tongue....so nothing phases me as food.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by