so...my babies r 7 months old now..please tell me if u know the sex...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by shadust1, Oct 26, 2011.

1. shadust1

shadust1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    loretto, pa
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]- this is fluffy...she is a female..i know this for a fact..she is sitting on 6 eggs right now...do u like her hairdo...she decided that her hair was in her eyes so she used the mud from a rainy day to style her hair...lol...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I see all girls! [​IMG]

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I don't even hazard a guess on silkies, but the others are all girls. Aren't they laying yet? Combs sure look like it................

4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    For 7 months you definitely have all pullets. [​IMG]

5. Little One

Little One Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2011
    SE Virginia
    Cute little red sex links. [​IMG] Oh yeah... and they're girls. Ours were the first to start laying... No eggs from them yet??

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  6. shadust1

Apr 19, 2011
    loretto, pa
    yeah they r all laying eggs...just wasnt sure as the sex because it says that when u crack an egg and there is the little white dot that its a fertile egg...well some of my eggs have that white dot...i dont know though..lol..ill have to take a pic of it and post it...lol...i was curious about the white one(not silkie) and one of the red ones...thought i read online here too that if color of the red ones depends on sex...something about white/red or red/white...lol...that is ok if i have all pullets..i just was told by my boyfriend to just let fluffy sit on her eggs...if she hatches any that will be fine with him(guess that isnt happening if they r all females)...coming from a man that only wanted 4 all together..lol..he likes them...lol...so what should i do with fluffy..should i just let her sit on those eggs...and how long should i??? or should i just take her off..she is being really aggressive toward us..puffs up and growls..lol...hasnt pecked anyone..just being verbal...lol...thanks for the help!!!!

boyfriends brother has a male silkie he has been meaning to bring over to our house bc they r having trouble with coyotes and stuff...then we can have babies!!! [​IMG]

7. shadust1

Apr 19, 2011
    loretto, pa
    ok...so i just found pics of a fertile/unfertile egg...now i c...the fertile egg has like a white ring type circle...and the unfertile is just a white dot(which is what i have)...lol...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  8. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Good researching! If your BF wants chicks, and Fluffy CERTAINLY does, you should see if someone on here lives near you so you could get some fertile eggs for her. She's definitely going to be persistent due to her breed. Good luck!

9. Mamaboid

Mamaboid Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2011
    Muncy Valley, PA
    Quote:Good researching! If your BF wants chicks, and Fluffy CERTAINLY does, you should see if someone on here lives near you so you could get some fertile eggs for her. She's definitely going to be persistent due to her breed. Good luck!

I don't know what part of PA you are in, but I am in Northeast and would be glad to give you some fertile eggs if you are not too far away.

10. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    I'm going to agree with everyone and say pullet [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by