So my chicks are ready to sell.. And I'm having problems!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SangaChicken, Jun 22, 2009.

1. SangaChicken

SangaChicken Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Memphis
    I buy hatchery chicks, fancy little purebred assortments and raise them up in the summer camp we run on the farm. Then, when they're 12 to 14 weeks old, I sell them on Craigslist or at through the Co-Op to urban chicken owners in Memphis or the more traditional farmers.. whoever comes along. Well, it's time to sell.. I've got about 22, some of which I hatched from eggs I got on here..

And I'm finding the most ridiculous reasons to NOT sell. "Well, that was my first hatch.. I'll keep her." Or.. "I'm just not sure a new home will appreciate 'Cuddles' love of Strawberries.. better keep her.."

I don't want to let ANY of them go. This has never happened before! Help, someone talk me into selling my babies!

2. sunnibunny99

sunnibunny99 Songster

Mar 19, 2009
    East Texas! :)
    Err......

What if they DONT appreciate her love of Strawberries? Maybe you should just keep them.... [​IMG]

3. txbioteacher

txbioteacher Chirping

Apr 25, 2009
    South Texas
    The more you find wonderful homes for, the more room you have to bring in more babies to love next time! Share the happiness they bring you with others! [​IMG]

(I know it's *way* easier said than done!!!)

4. lesterlu

lesterlu Songster

Oct 26, 2008
    maine
    Sanga,

i feel your pain-i am in the same boat!

5. tomato lady

tomato lady Songster

May 18, 2009
    Eatonville, WA
    I know how you feel. I find it difficult even to share with my son-in-law. I am going to keep all of mine. I bought more so I would have some to share.

6. ARchick

ARchick In the Brooder

Jun 13, 2009
    East Arkansas
    Hey, I'm only about 15 miles from Memphis. What kind you got for sale?? Not like I need anymore but just curious.

7. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Songster

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww just keep them! Sell them next year, [​IMG]

8. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Songster

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I have the same problem every time i hatch a batch. It does get a bit easier but not much. I still get too attatched to a few and wind up keeping them. I vote keep em!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: