So...My fears.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EmtheFishLady, Jan 14, 2011.

1. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I have three fears in this world. All three are considered to be off the wall by everyone else in the world, but I think they are all validated. My main one, the one my husband is constantly poking fun at me about, is Turkeys. Is this a unfounded fear? It seems every-time I come into contact with one I get attacked...So I have become rather anti turkey. Am I just encountering bad turkeys? I'll give you a few examples throughout my life of turkey attacks: 5 years old-I'm at a petting zoo, big white Tom sneaks up behind me and gobbles causing me to drop my petting zoo food...Tom does this three more times. 17 years old- driving down the road and a wild turkey flies into my drivers side window. Luckily window was up. Turkey breaks my side view mirror. Turkey lives. 20- visiting a friends farm, he has turkeys. the supposedly "gentle" "Sweet" Tom attacks me. Supposedly he'd never attacked anyone. I could go on, but I think this is enough for everyone to laugh at for now. [​IMG] In your experiences everyone, are turkeys generally mean? I was honestly thinking about hatching a turkey egg to overcome my fear... but I'm not sure it's a good idea to have something in my yard that's going to try to kill me every-time I go out.

2. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I have an unfounded fear of moth's. I was outside with DH one night (about a year ago) and a moth just flew right into me. It took him a good twenty minutes to calm me down, and it didn't help that he thought it was absolutely hilarious that "one little moth" could cause me to fly off the handle and into hysterics... Don't know why but they scare the bejeezes out of me [​IMG]

3. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:My husband is afraid of spiders. I am not. He will cross the entire house and hide behind a door while I catch the spider and put it outside. Turkey's though....I don't mess with Turkeys. I just get attacked every-time! I really think I should face my fear, but I don't want a big mean creepy turkey hanging out in my yard if they do turn out to be insane blood thirsty monsters...

4. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    it is okay to be afraid of turkeys...I got beat up by one when I was a little kid..I ain't that little anymore...I win so I ain't that afraid of them...plus I carry a gun

Now...what is funny to the folks that know me is...I will catch any snake...no issues...will carry around large snakes (over 8 ft.) but....one little spider comes out and I am gone..little old ladies get knocked down...I cry and scream...I don't care....

5. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:Now snakes I'm fine with. I occasionally catch them out of the coop and release them elsewhere...I'm honestly not afraid of anything "normal".

6. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    buddy gave me a turkey to butcher cuz I took some of his birds and sold them for him...anyways...I shot it...folks thought I was stupid for that....I wasn't giving it a chance to get me...my little brother (who is way more not little than me...for the record that means he is kinda big) Did the same thing...only he shot his with a shotgun...claimed it was a sport hunt...he had to stalk them and stuff...he might have had more fun than he should have...there might have been a camera involved...anyways..we both got beat-up by tom turkeys as kids...uderstand the fear...get a gun...inform turkey you know how to use it...

7. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:Yeah, I'm the only one in my family who's been attacked, so they obviously just don't understand the issue at hand. [​IMG]

8. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    Quote:ME TOO! [​IMG]

9. halfwaynowhere

halfwaynowhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    La Puente, CA
    Quote:I'm lepidoptheraphobic. Moths, butterflies, caterpillars. I can't even wear silk without freaking out. Completely unfounded, and especially weird because I actually like bugs. I had up to 10 tarantulas at one point, along with other kinds of spiders, and madagascar hissing cockroaches, with no problems. But if I so much as think about a butterfly... *shudders*
    I'm getting better, though. Some friends got married in May, and it was an outdoor wedding. I don't know if it was the location I was sitting at, or my bright red hair or something, but butterflies kept landing on me, and I was 100% NOT going to make a scene at their wedding (although I think people half expected me to, anyways, but that's another story.. still, wonder if they intentionally left out the whole "speak now" bit...).

10. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I now feel more comfortable about my fear...I might even tell you guys the other two if you promise not to laugh too hard!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by