So my grandma bought a pot bellied pig

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kryptoniteqhs, Mar 27, 2009.

1. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    to live in the house! im so proud of her!!! now i gtg fly out and see her and her new piggy!! i LOVE my grandma!! [​IMG]

2. Darin115

Darin115 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Asheboro, NC
    If she plans on keeping it in the house for a pet for a very long time you really need to restrict the feed. Years ago when those things got popular people would feed and feed and feed the little piggy. Well, the more you feed it, the bigger it gets. People would dump the things out and they would turn wild. They caused all kinds of problems for the people that had to deal with the dumped pigs.

My buddy found a boar and a female with piglets. The boar was mean. He would charge you. He shot the boar and we caught the female in a trap. The piglets would go where ever the trapped mother pig went. We gave them away to a lady that took in homeless pot bellied pigs.

They can get huge. If you restrict the feed they stay small. You will feel like you are atarving the pig but it is better than hving a huge pig and haing to get rid of it.

Darin

3. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    oh that is wonderful! I am sure she will have many great stories to tell you about her pig! That is very exciting!![​IMG]

4. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    lol thanks....
    i think she is more than just well educated on how to raise it. she does her research on things before she dives in [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by