So my mom is turning 60 today... Mwahahaha - PICS & VIDEO!

lau.gif

Happy birthday, Mom!!
hugs.gif

.... OK, so I'm in the middle of making the fondant. Once the cake is done (I'll take a pic!) I think I'm going to make the 30 minute drive out to her house and "decorate" her lawn.
wink.png
There's a big party store around the corner from her house. I'll have to see what kind of goodies they have. When she gets home for lunch she'll get the first shock, and hopefully think that's as bad/good as I'm gonna get her.
wink.png

First, mom's 60th Birthday was AWESOME. I didn't have time to litter her yard with 60 crazy critters like I had hoped, but I did finish her personal sized cake and deliver it to her at lunch time. It ended up being decorated as a little purple hat with pink ribbons, and a feather (the fluff was made out of shredded coconut). I painted "60 Years Young" across the ribbon around the upper tier of the cake. I wanted to do more to it, but I was short on time. My mom was so giddy when she saw it. She said that nobody has baked and decorated a cake just for her since her mother died (she passed away when I was 2). I had no idea, or I might have made her one sooner.

The movie was great! We all enjoyed watching it. I brought her a mug with a bouquet of flowers in it to quell any suspicions she had of my giddy face.

When we got to the restaurant, I pulled the hostess aside and told her that Zorro was going to show up at 8. He did.
wink.png
And she was surprised.
wink.png
I have it videod, but I am sooo tired tonight. I will have to edit tomorrow/Friday. And even though he wasn't "smokin' hot", he was hot enough. He was wearing a black outfit, a black cape and a mask, he played a guitar and sang her a few songs, and he gave her red roses. I mean... what more could a gal want?
wink.png

And the end of the day, she said that this had been her best Birthday ever.
smile.png
Mission accomplished.
smile.png

Pictures first! Video will either be tonight or tomorrow.

Here was mom with her cake.
smile.png

happy60thmom_1.jpg

Cake close-ups:
happy60thmom_3.jpg

happy60thmom_4.jpg

happy60thmom_5.jpg

And here was mom with el Zorro!

happy60thmom_2.jpg

I just reviewed the video.... she nearly choked on her food when she turned around and saw him. Ahahaha.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom