1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So my original 4 mystery chicks, breed/gender please? 5mo oldn now...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChobeeChickenMommy, Sep 29, 2011.

1. ChobeeChickenMommy

ChobeeChickenMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    I had posted a while back about my 4 mystery chicks from our local feed store & they all looked like mutts back then. Which still probably the case, but I thought I would post some new pics of them to see if anyone had a change of insight on their breed or gender. Thanks in advance!!

These 3 don't crow... so, pullets?!
    "Mrs Puff"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Thing 1" (She/he doesn't like having it's picture taken!)
    [​IMG]
    "Thing 2"
    (in the background, for a comb pic)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now here's "Foghorn Leghorn"- He crows & is now mounting our EE hens... So what breed could he be?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

1st one is a barred rock, last one looks like a white leghorn except for the comb, 2nd one I dont know.[​IMG]

3. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Quote:Not too sure but the first pic of your white roo looks like it may have a bit of a beard there. Could it be an EE? I'm just now getting where I can spot the occasional breed and none of these look like Orpingtons [​IMG]

4. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    I don't think the first one is a barred rock. It doesn't have a single comb. As for what is it, I am not sure.

5. Kirtusjon

Kirtusjon Chillin' With My Peeps

All look like EE's. I am also in Okee and those bird are most likely from Ideal Hatchery. They famous for their EE's with yellow legs. Most, if not all of our feed stores get their chicks from there. Welcome to BYC from an Okee.

6. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    1,2,3=ee
    4=?

7. ChobeeChickenMommy

ChobeeChickenMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    Quote:That's what I was thinking, some sort of EE mix. I bought them from Walpole feed & they said they got them from a little girl locally who breeds... && Hi to a fellow Okeechobian!

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Definitely not Barred Rock or Leghorn, as neither breeds are bearded. [​IMG]

Looks to me like a bunch of EE mixes. All are boys but Thing 1 could be a girl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by