So my slow poke BSL, that I have mentioned here on BYC before was

BethieofVA

Songster
9 Years
Mar 27, 2010
Yorktown, Virginia
eating oyster shell yesterday. I was shocked. She is the same age as my other girls, who have been laying for weeks, but has a tiny red comb and no wattle. I have not seen her squat yet, but curious if she is eating the shell in preparation of laying? She will be 29 weeks old on Thursday! Holy cow! What do you guys think?

Well, I have a golden sebright that is 7 months and 4 days old and her comb is FAR from red and her waddles are super tiny.
idunno.gif
She is a les-b-hen, I'm sure.
tongue.png
We had a roo at one time, and when he was re-homed, she took over his watch. I think she is so busy playing deputy hen that she forgets that she is a pullet and needs to lay an egg!
somad.gif

yuckyuck.gif

les-be-hen
lau.gif
gig.gif

For some reason I have heard that sebrights are more rooish hens then other breeds. As for your BSL yes it sounds like she is getting ready to lay. Mine took about the same amount of time to start to lay, she was huge! LOL I think it has to do with their body size and they are slower to mature than other breeds.

Well, as of today, still NO EGGS from my Sebright, Houdini.
he.gif
Although I have noticed her comb is STARTING to get a bit redder than usual. Soooooooo, maybe?
idunno.gif

Oh! And now that my Cochin has started laying, my Sultan is on strike.
smack.gif
What gives? These pullets are driving me nuts.
th.gif
They are soooooo lucky they are extremely cute and that I absolutely ADORE them.
love.gif
wee.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom