So my son says to me

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Foleys, May 16, 2010.

1. Foleys

Foleys Songster

May 12, 2010
    Toccoa
    the other day " Mom can we shoot one of the chickens so we can eat it for dinner?" I said NO they are not to eat they will be giving us eggs. He said " but if we only shoot one we will still have 4..lol he just turned 7.. just thought that this was funny..[​IMG]

2. schellie69

schellie69 Songster

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    my DH and kids are waiting for my older girls to stop laying so they can go in the stew pot now these are my first chickens and I am not sure I can do that not with these ones someday when I have a farm and am raising them for food then sure but not the original girls they will live till they die of old age if I have my way.

3. Foleys

Foleys Songster

May 12, 2010
    Toccoa
    LOL!! If I have my way so will mine and trust me I will have my way...

4. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    Thats so cool! How old is he? I think its great that he understands the whole this is where our food comes from thing... I have an 8 yr old, a 14 yr old, and my DH.... I even mention having a rooster processed, they'll start crying! I've tried and tried to explain to them that its not a mean thing to do etc.... they don't care! My husband has gone as far to name the ones I don't want to keep! [​IMG] Last fall, I was going to process about 8 roosters, and my husband had a bigger fit than the kids! No freezer roosters for me! [​IMG]

5. Foleys

Foleys Songster

May 12, 2010
    Toccoa
    My son is 7 and he says to me but mom if we shoot one and eat him we will still have 4 that we could get eggs from...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by