1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So neat ~ Egg Incubation Webcam :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AreYouLoved, Jan 28, 2012.

1. AreYouLoved

AreYouLoved Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2012
    Norman OKLAHOMA
  2. matlock585

matlock585 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    White Bluff, TN
    I saw a webcam hatch a couple of days after I set my eggs. I have mine streaming like that now as well. It's primarily just for me to see them while I'm gone to work, but I've had 200 views on it already. It's really neat to be able to share the hatch with everyone. My kids teachers are going to let their classes watch the hatch throughout the day. Mine are due 2-7or8-12.

3. AreYouLoved

Jan 22, 2012
    Norman OKLAHOMA
    Thanks for sharing! :D

Samantha

4. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Fun! I'll have to remember that when it comes time to hatch.

My chicks are supposed to hatch in a week or so. I plan to have my webcam go live again for that. This time, I have a much better camera, so it'll be much better this time.

5. AreYouLoved

Jan 22, 2012
    Norman OKLAHOMA
    My fav webcam is the LOGITECH QUICKCAM ORBIT AF....worth the money for sure....
    It also comes with a tiny tripod.

Samantha in OK [​IMG]

6. Dirty Dozen

Dirty Dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2009
    Long Island, New York
    I would love to do that...mine are due while I'm at work. How do you set it up? I have an imac that goes to sleep & a netbook that goes to sleep. ?

7. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Dirty Dozen, I think there's a place where you can change the settings so that the computer doesn't go to sleep. I'd change that so it stays awake. Then, you need to find a webcam.

Then, you need to figure out where to host your webcam. I started out at www.earthcam.com, which was nice, but it only showed total views, I couldn't tell who was viewing at that moment. I switched to Ustream, which seems to have a better picture, and I think maybe allows chat amongst viewers (not sure on that though). However, it realllllllllly slows down my computer.

I have a broken notebook (the case is coming away from the screen, but it works perfectly) that I'm thinking I may attach the camera to; that way, next time it won't affect performance on the computer I'm using to work on while the chicks are hatching.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by