So nervous for my BO's 1st hatch! I can't hear chirpping =(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mama2B&D&...Chickens, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Mama2B&D&...Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    no pip's and don't see any movement either...PLEASE tell me there's nothing i can do anyways!?

Backstory: We were bad about picking up eggs around new years and really noticed her sitting on them around the 3rd of jan (really not sure on this though)...which would put around today/tommorrow at day 21...I candled at what i thought would be day 17/18 and got 3 duds, and all the rest looked developing (well, as much as a 1st timer can tell...veins and a big blob with air cell)

THEN one she crushed or something? [​IMG] and i noticed it under her one am, left it b/c i was too scared to move it...it was only a little cracked but came back and BLECH she ate it. pretty sure there was something in there..it was...meaty?

NOW, went out to check on them b/c i saw her outside taking a break (actually haven't seen her break for days! its been cold though even though were in FL!) so i snuck in to see if i could see movement/hear chirp/or a pip and NOTHING

Is it early,..anyone want to calm my fears there all dead?

2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Honestly there's not much more you can do but give it a few more days!! Mine did the same thing [​IMG] with the last egg that didn't have that had a fully formed chick in it!! [​IMG]

3. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    thks i should have updated!! She hatched 6 [​IMG] i passed [​IMG] were still sad about and two never hatched but I am in disbelief she "did" it. haha!

4. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Congrats!! [​IMG]

5. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    Thanks SO much [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by