So nervous for my MM order hatching this weekend!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by D Bar J Acres, Feb 18, 2009.

1. D Bar J Acres

D Bar J Acres Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2007
    I'm trying MM hatchery this year as it's the closest big hatchery that has what I want (5 1/2 hours away). I'm in WI, so hoping they get to the distribution center on Sunday and I can go the hour to pick them up (and I so hope that box is happily cheeping in a warm room). Our temps have been up and down the last two weeks and we're getting hit with cold again tonite (25 below windchills - it was 40 above yesterday!) and slowly warming up to 25 on Sunday.

I had them ordered to ship last weekend and glad I postponed due to the postal holiday - sounds like they outright lied about shipping on Sunday as that's what they told me they would do, but I didn't trust them - there is a post on here about that whole mess.

Last year my Ideal order arrived 5 of my 15 ordered chicks and 10 packing peanuts alive, altho what I ordered never thrived (the buckeyes lived, all orloffs died in transit) and all later died during early summer. They also passed something respitory on to my few hens from 07, so we culled everyone in fall and are starting over from scratch with this new order.

I've been chickenless for months now and want my babies!

2. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    In what way did they lie to you?

Wayne

3. Fresh Eggs

Fresh Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    I was too, my 22 are 3 WEEKS OLD TODAY!!! I lost four not in transit, they were very ill and weak! MM was they best. I will order again soon.

4. Kesha

Kesha Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    Stafford, VA
    We ordered 25, got 27 all alive when we picked them up yesterday morning. One died yesterday and one today but I think the rest are going to make it.

5. SCMAC

SCMAC Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2009
    I was supposed to receive my chicks on Feb 9th they didn't arrive to the 10th. Out of 25 I had 1 alive and it was doing good and then it died. I called and talked with MM and they were a great help and said that they were having problems with he USPS in SC and GA the week prior. Well they resent my order and it was to arrive on the 16th I had forgot about the Holiday weekend when I placed my order. I called them on the 13th and they said they were going to delay the hatch and not ship to Sunday. I received my order on the 17th @ 6 in the morning when the phone rang. I went to the PO and I had 18 dead and have lost two since but the others are doing fine (knock on wood). I looked at the shipping box and the shipping date is the 14th and not the 15th as they said it would be probably the problem. I called back and have done made my mind to wait till the temps warm for them to resend. The lady that I talked with about the dead chicks was very polite and helpful now the lady I talked to about the shipping date I don't care to talk with anymore.

6. D Bar J Acres

D Bar J Acres Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2007
    They lied to myself and many other people by claiming they were "postponing the hatch" to the 15th vs. the 14th due to the federal holiday. Look how many people on here have posted their chicks shipped out on the 14th.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by