so nervus!- the egg that got put in the fridge

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by missychicky, Jun 27, 2010.

1. missychicky

missychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2009
    Milwuakie. OR
    The egg that got put in the fridge is on day 20 and there is no pip yet. I think it's still alive and well but its hard to tell because it has a loose air sack. I'm going NUTS with worry.... Hatch little fuzzbut, hatch!

2. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Best wishes for the egg to hatch and give you a sweet fuzzybutt to love. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I wouldn't worry too much. That trip to the fridge (why??), may have slowed things down. Give it a few more days at least. C'mon cool chick!! [​IMG]

4. missychicky

missychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2009
    Milwuakie. OR
    heres why-http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=364498

How many more days should I give it? It was in the fridge for 5-6 hours, how much should that slow it down? When I candled it today it didn't look like it was on day 20- more like day 17 or 18. Also the air sack is so loose that when I hold id upright the air sack climbs to the side of the egg but not to the top... How bad is that?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  5. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    You can try to stabilize the air sack some by putting the egg into a carton to hatch. that way there's less wiggling or turning of the egg.

Good luck little egg!

6. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

*chants* Hatch, chickie, hatch! Hatch, chickie, hatch!

*joins the cheering section*

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by