1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SO-O-O-O, ANYBODY WANNA IGUANA??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by d.k, Sep 1, 2008.

1. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* DH and I went for a drive out west of town to Highway 441 and saw maybe 2O of them sunning along a particular strip of highway just off one of the major intersections. At least 3 of them were over 2 ft. long (in the body, can't see their tails in the grass.) One of the biggies was kinda orangey-colored. Haven't seen quite that many in one spot before. Good luck catching them!! [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

SO-O-O-O, ANYBODY WANNA IGUANA??

Nope.​

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    No thankyou

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Just hanging out along side the highway?

5. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    I'd love 1 but from the sounds of it their making up the population of foreign dumped animals in Florida. If i took 1 the animal traffickers would be forced to replace it. [​IMG]

6. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    There is some part of Florida, I think it's a key or island where they are so overrun with them that the city has hired people to come and kill them.

7. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:Oh, yes, Iguana is a delicacy in some parts of the worlds. I would love to try it someday.

8. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:Oh, yes, Iguana is a delicacy in some parts of the worlds. I would love to try it someday.

euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu [​IMG]

9. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont

euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu [​IMG]

What's wrong with it? People eat Alligator, Rattlesnake, and frog. :|

10. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008

It does sound like it could be really good. We have rattlesnake cookouts every summer with calf fries . . . I'm willing to bet iguana meat would be even better than either of those.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by