So proud of my babies!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by L1sa, Sep 25, 2018.

1. L1sa

L1sa Songster

Jan 25, 2017
    South Australia
    This post is just because.... they are so darn cute, and I'm so proud of broody mumma, she's doing such a great job of teaching these little cuties.

IMG_4082.JPG IMG_4083.JPG IMG_4084.JPG

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  2. Melky

Melky Crowing

Jul 23, 2018
    Edgewood, KY
    My Coop
    Rick M and L1sa like this.
  3. L1sa

L1sa Songster

Jan 25, 2017
    South Australia
    Thank you, and glad to be here!

I really appreciate other chook minded people :frow:plbb No one in my day to day life gives a fig for my chooks!! Husband thinks I'm rather mad! Lol. It's nice to be able to share other people's stories too.

Lisa
    X

snow5164 and Rick M like this.
  4. Melky

Melky Crowing

Jul 23, 2018
    Edgewood, KY
    My Coop
    Mine thought a little crazy too but really his suggestion. We like fresh organic food and just going out to the yard to get it. He said I couldn’t get another animal after my dog unless it could feed us hence my hens. I have just those few animals. It’s enough. Your weather looks great. What’s the temps, We are 60-70s during the day, wet and rainy. Thursday sun will come out to bless us. :):cool: Always thought Sydney would be :frowlovely to visit. Loved the Olympics there.

You’ll find the site fun and engaging. Lots of contests and positive reinforcement for the chicken enthusiast. :gig

Rick M likes this.
  5. L1sa

L1sa Songster

Jan 25, 2017
    South Australia
    I like your thinking, going out to the yard to get fresh organic food. I'm a bit like that with plants and trees, any new plants that are going to get planted in my garden have to offer me something or I can't see the point of them. Have lemon, mandarin, grapefruit, peach, cherry, grape vines, olives, passion fruit. Dont even have that big of a garden just cram them all in!

South Australia is prone to extremes, we're currently in spring and it's slowly starting to warm up again (suppose to be 25c / 77f tomorrow) We do get cold winters... okay, not freezing cold like some places get, but we do get frosts and have to use heating in the house! And then in the summer we can get up 45c (113f). And I can tell you, the cold temps don't bother the chooks, but the heat... phew, they don't do so well. I quite often get home from work and have to hose the poor girls down, just to cool them off!

Rick M and Melky like this.
  6. Melky

Melky Crowing

Jul 23, 2018
    Edgewood, KY
    My Coop
    Oh poor dears. I add ice to the waterer when hot here and sav a chick electrolytes once a week in really hot temps so they don’t stress. 49 is about our low at night right now in the fall.

Love the trees. My husband would be in heaven. We have lime, lemon, apple, pear, blood orange, bay leaf and just got a banana and fig tree. Fig tree a little stinky. We have a greenhouse. The apples, pears, and fig tree are planted outside feeding the wildlife mostly along with the pecan trees. :lau My husband hasn’t figured out how to outsmart the wildlife yet. I use the limes and bay leaf in cooking my favs and once had enough limes to make key lime pie.

imneva, L1sa and Rick M like this.
  7. silkiemother

silkiemother Songster

Sep 14, 2018
    east wenatchee
    use shiny stuff that moves like shiny cd's birds hate them

Melky likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: