SO proud of my first layer!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by shellybean40, Jul 29, 2010.

1. shellybean40

shellybean40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    My little banty cochin laid a perfect light brown pullet egg on Sunday!! Our first egg ever! Since then she has laid progressively larger eggs on Monday, Wednesday, and today!! Is this normal laying behavior, or is possibly someone else laying? My other two have paler combs, and are not doing the egg squat at all!

2. Keens2050

Keens2050 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2010
    Narvon, PA
    Hmmm...one almost every day? Possible....not unheard of so --- Congratulations! [​IMG]

3. TinyLittleFarm

TinyLittleFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    One of my Red Stars started laid her first egg on Monday and we have found one beautiful little egg each day. We're pretty sure they are all from the same chicken. [​IMG]

4. hchorselover

hchorselover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    congrats on your first eggs! [​IMG]
    my chickens just started laying and their eggs are tiny! but their getting bigger every day! [​IMG]

5. cindy99

cindy99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Tioga County PA
    Congratulations on your first egg! Aren't they cute. [​IMG] Our Snowflake laid an egg each day for 7 days - took 2 days off and now today another egg!

6. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Congratulations! That first one is very special. Yes, sometimes they will lay successively. I have a black Orpington girl that just started laying and has given me 5 eggs in a row.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by