So proud of my girls!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Feb 21, 2009.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Yesterday, I was listening to the girls talking to each other.

It turns out that one of the little girls in dd2s class (1st grade) does not get much in her lunch. My little wonder noticed and worried. She and her sister (3rd grade) discussed for a moment wether they should tell anyone or what other way they could get her more food without embarrassing her. [​IMG]

I was practically in tears I was so proud of them. They understood the whole problem and discussed if maybe her mom just forgot to pack enough or got distracted and didn't finish packing it. They decided that the family did not have enough money. DD2 (all of 6!) said she was using the system of sharing that the school has by showing the girl that she had something she was going to put on the "free" table and she could have it. Turns out she's been sharing her lunch for several weeks. [​IMG]

DH and I talked about it and decided that we would not say anything to them. The problem is not bad enough for the school to intervene and my wonderful little girl came up with a gentle way of helping all on her own. DH and I just decided we would pack DD2 bigger lunches.

2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It's good to see children are still good in this horrible world! Your daughters are truely wonderful. And you must be a great mom as well!

3. chook pen jen

chook pen jen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Collie W.Australia
    [​IMG] The world needs more kids like yours,you must be so proud of them.

4. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    [​IMG] for your little girls.

That is wonderful, be very proud of them always.

Above comments are all true. The world does need more like them.

Jena.

5. ShelleyInAlberta

ShelleyInAlberta Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2009
    Sherwood Park, Alberta
    [​IMG] what a beautiful story - packing something extra for her friend is wonderful - no need to make the little girl feel bad by bringing this to the attention of everyone - just a some extra lunch packed for a friend in need works perfectly - thanks so much for posting this story [​IMG]

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Beautiful child, with even bigger beautiful heart.....[​IMG]

Massive [​IMG] from me........[​IMG]

7. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    you should be proud

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Why are my eyes all prickly all of a sudden?

What a sweet story. You should write it down and share it with them when they're older as a moment you noticed they were growing up and acknowleged that they make really good decisions.

9. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Thank you all. It is a good idea to write this down in their baby books, which are not such babies anymore.

10. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    [​IMG]
    I had to wipe my eyes, what a beautiful thing for your daughter to do! And what a wonderful thing for you to do! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by