1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So proud of my girls!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ga Chicken Mom, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    The temp in the N GA mountains is 22 this afternoon and it was 11 when we got up this AM. My girls - 3 Doms, 3 RIRs and 3 BOs - laid 9 eggs yesterday and 9 eggs today! They are about 8 months old now and have really been laying well this, their first winter. The hen house is nice and snug with a regular light that is on for 12 hours a day and a red heat lamp. I just checked the temp inside the coop and it is just at freezing. The girls are running around the backyard and don't seem to mind the cold. They really don't go into the hen coop during the day even in this cold weather. They are doing such a great job supplying us with eggs we have had plenty to share with friends and family. Just love those chickens!

2. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    thats cold. glad your having better luck them some on the laying.
    keep your toes warm. [​IMG]

3. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Just love those chickens!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alot of us can relate to that Ga!!!​

4. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Those are some GOOD girls! They deserve some kind of nice treat for that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by