So proud of my girls!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jake the Farmer, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Jake the Farmer

Jake the Farmer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2011
    Menifee, CA.
    I just came back in from checking on my ladies for the night. The sun has been down for about 20 minutes now. I went outside and all my girls were inside their coop and on the roost together! This is a first for them, usually they are in a pile on the floor! I am so proud of them! Only 4 weeks old and already acting like big girls [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    Congrats. I'm still dragging my 5 10 week olds out of the ONE nest box they want to cram themselves into. It was 94 degrees last night, and there were 3 chickens in one box and 2 in a second (all panting). I extracted one of the ones in the triple and put her on the roost and then dragged out all the others on a whim. I think they may have stayed out since that's where the poop was this morning rather than in the nest boxes. Silly things.

3. Jake the Farmer

Jake the Farmer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2011
    Menifee, CA.
    Lol did you hear them arguing? "Move over!" "No I was here first." "Was not! I was!" "Nuh uh!" "Uh huh!" [​IMG]

4. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Great! I still have two that were raised with ducks that I have to drag away from the ducks to put away and then wrangle the duck into there house...So cant wait for the day all the chickens put themselves to bed. [​IMG]

5. sharol

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    Oh yeah. That and chickens falling off the edges of the nesting box as the wrestled for position. It was ugly!!

Quote:

6. sharol

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Good job! Isn't it rewarding?!

[​IMG]

8. chicken_noob

chicken_noob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Chehalis WA.
    I love it. We built a pen inside a area that is protected from the rain and wind. The nesting box looks like a lil house with a ramp. Id go out at night and close the pen door for my white rocks.. then would put my mille's in their pen and close them in the lil house. Then put my crested and frizzles in their coop/tractor.. did this for about 3-4evenings till one evening I went out and the mille's and the frizzled group were all inside on there own. Love these feathered creatures!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by