So proud of my horse, have to brag!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jettgirl24, Nov 26, 2012.

1. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    My horse and my half-leaser were profiled on our local news on Saturday. I'm very proud of both of them so I had to share!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/B...180713931.html

My half leaser is a really phenomenal kid... In addition to riding she is an honors student and heavily involved in the community. I don't know how she does it but it's been amazing getting to know her.

And my horse... He's just a treasure. He came into my life unexpectedly and in hindsight it was absolutely fate. He got me back in the saddle after 8 years off and we have made our way up the levels. He and I will be showing at Prix St. Georges next season and even with all of that work he has also been able to help Ali on her path better than any horse could. He is an amazing teacher and really makes her work for it but at the same time looks out for her every moment she's on his back. He has also taken everything in stride and never takes a second look at all of the crazy things we've thrown at him doing these 4H shows.

I am so blessed to have this amazing girl and this amazing horse in my life. The lessons I have learned from them both have been pretty life changing!

2. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    WOW

Made me cry.
    [​IMG]
    Congrats to both horse and rider

3. niallsblueeyes6

niallsblueeyes6 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2012
    In the saddle, duhrr(:
    That is soo amazing!
    Congrats:)

4. Kirchgatter4

Kirchgatter4 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2012
    That is fantastic. What a wonderful young lady, very inspiring.
    Made me cry. I had my daughter watch.
    Thank you for sharing.

:clap

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by