So proud of my little girls

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GoldenCometLady, Jul 19, 2010.

1. GoldenCometLady

GoldenCometLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Walker, West Virginia
    My Golden Comet pullets are only 17 1/2wks old.
    A couple started laying the first of the month at 15wks
    and more of them have joined in.
    I have 11 pullets and I got 7 eggs today. Wooohoo!
    Of course the eggs are small but they are supposed to
    have big eggs later. I have already gotten 3 double yokes too.
    I could not be happier with them.

2. zDoc

zDoc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Farmington NM
    Congratulations!! I'm a little behind you, mine are 15 weeks. So I may see an egg or two soon huh? I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. You said some of yours started at 15 weeks? Kewl! It seems kinda weird, I've always bought eggs from the store. You kind of don't think of them as coming from a chicken..... they come from the store. [​IMG] Now I'll be going out in the coop to get them. [​IMG] well congrats again!

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I LOVE not having to buy eggs at the store.

My best neighbors buy a dozen eggs from me a week over the back fence. They don't mind Carl the rooster's crowing (nice of them to lie about it, huh?) and ask questions about the different breeds. The lady of the house got just as excited as I did when Buffy's one egg hatched.

Yesterday, the daughter accepted the carton of eggs and exclaimed at the nice labels (which I bought from ADozenGirlz here on BYC).
    [​IMG]
    I asked her if she liked all the colors of the eggs, and she blurted, "Yes! And it's so neat that they're made right here!" She gestured at the coop on my side of the fence.
    [​IMG]

And then she got an embarrassed look on her face and corrected herself, "Uh, they come from right here.... "

I responded, "Yes, I love how the chickens make them for me, right here, too."

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congratulations! [​IMG] Isn't it egg-citing!!

5. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    Wow, first egg at 15 weeks !!!!! Congratulations [​IMG] My girls are 14 weeks old, so hopefully I will get some eggs soon ......

6. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    After reading this thread,
    Where can I get hatching eggs from a good breeder
    of Golden comets.
    you all made me jealous.
    Flock tender of orps, cochins, ameraucanas and silkies.
    shh dont tell Dh.

thanks
    Sissy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by