So proud of my little rooie!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by swampcat, Jun 14, 2011.

1. swampcat

swampcat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Brooklyn, CT
    So puberty must be sneaking up on my 5 week old little rooster. For the past week or so he has been the "leader of the pack" and especially calls the shots at bedtime. He will complain at all the ladies until they follow him back to the coop and go inside for bed. It is the most adorable thing [​IMG]
    Of course my older two pullets do their own thing and he has learned to leave them alone [​IMG]

2. uncle rico

uncle rico Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Spring Green, WI
    wow! very cute

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    My two are over 12 weeks and don't have a clue....probably wise since there are 16 hens.

4. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    I had my 12 week old Roo in the house for a couple of days and OHM i had no idea how much work he does out there with the girls.. it was HENS GONE WILD [​IMG] on spring break at my house.. no one wanted to stay together in a group. no one would go to bed, [​IMG] I had to get help just to round them up and put them in.[​IMG] ahhh put him back out and that night.. there was no more , every hen for herself running around, they were back in their groups.. all the girls were in bed at 8:30, I tell him all the time Lafiat your DA MAN !! [​IMG] he's now 14 weeks old and doing a jam up job as Rooster..

)O(
    Pink

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by