So sad and so so so very preventable - auto's & cell phones don't mix

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Right in our area. so very sad and such a waste. Every day I see cars weaving, speeding up, slowing down and everybody has a phone stuck in their ear. If you think you can multi task while driving then you are a better driver than me, please do me a favor if I am in front of you, beside you, behind you......hang up and drive

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/Crash_Kills_18-year-old_Woman_112974604.html

Steve

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Agreed... It is now illegal to use them in the towns surrounding me.. I see alot less people with phones to their heads now.. I still see a few doing it, but atleast it isn't near as many as it was!!

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Such a sad waste.

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    So much ticket money to be had if police would stop these people. I never answer my phone while driving.

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I can't stAnd when people talk/text while they are driving. Your not only putting your life at risk your endangering everybody else too.

6. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    that is just so sad. [​IMG]

7. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Doing email while driving is a death sentence waiting to be carried out.

Talking on phone is not nearly as dangerous.

8. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    So sad. It is such a big problem everywhere.

I'm a church secretary and I wish we had more room on our sign out front, I saw this months ago and wanted to put it on the sign:

Honk if you love Jesus
    Text while driving
    If you want to meet him!

9. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

The thing is, and i agree 100% with the opinions on here, but eating and driving can be just as dangerous and we don't have a thing said about that. I have seen people eating with both hands and driving with their knees, so this is all just tragic. I am guilty of using the cell phone while driving because I can catch up on call backs while going from point A to point B, but if I am in traffic I get off and stay off.

10. NuttyForNucks

NuttyForNucks Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2009
    Washington State
    AT&T did a ten minute documentary called "The Last Text," telling the stories of some young folks texting while driving and what the consequences were. Pretty compelling to get you off the phone while driving. My kids are too little yet for that lesson, but if I knew any teenagers of driving age, I'd be making them watch this.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=2964

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by