So sad but "teed" off this morning!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gmendoza, Jul 28, 2011.

1. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    This morning while driving in to work, I had to swerve to avoid some roadkill.But as I looked at them,it was about a dozen bantams that got killed in a group.

How ****** sadistic does this world have to be before someone says" ENOUGH!" and starts bashing these calous,soulless,loveless people? Why do we ,whom have hearts for every creature ,have to live or deal with them.Its about time they get put out of the gene pool. [​IMG]

Poor lillte birdies...Rest In Piece. [​IMG] [​IMG]

This makes me so mad,and it tears my heart to see so many killed at once. [​IMG]

I hope "The Bunyip" gets them [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  2. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I'm sorry about the birds, but did you see the circumstances of how they were hit? If they were dead in the road then what makes them any different than a possum that gets run over? There are some cretins that will intentionally run over an animal, but most are simply accidental. I've run over a handful of animals over the course of my life and every one of them there was nothing I could have done about it given the circumstances. The laws of physics are very unforgiving when it involves a thousand pounds or more of vehicle moving at many feet per second. You try to swerve more than a little bit and you run the very real risk of losing control and crashing. The choice then becomes very stark.

3. gmendoza

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    A.T. Hagan :

I'm sorry about the birds, but did you see the circumstances of how they were hit? If they were dead in the road then what makes them any different than a possum that gets run over? There are some cretins that will intentionally run over an animal, but most are simply accidental. I've run over a handful of animals over the course of my life and every one of them there was nothing I could have done about it given the circumstances. The laws of physics are very unforgiving when it involves a thousand pounds or more of vehicle moving at many feet per second. You try to swerve more than a little bit and you run the very real risk of losing control and crashing. The choice then becomes very stark.

But a whole dozen in one swoop?

Seems to me the way they were laidout,they were following the leader home in a close knit flock,and some idiot managed to kill them all. Seems to me it was some cretin given the facts of the whole flock perishing together in the road.How the heel can you not see a whole flock?? [​IMG]

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    It happens, even with a family of coons get killed unfortunately. Some years ago, my dad accidently ran over a phesant mom with her chicks flying off the pavement and they misjudge the oncoming car's speed. They were all killed.

Like AT was saying, the laws of physics and the danger it creates on both ends, only one will lose. Terrible odds.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'd blame the owner who was not making sure they had no access to the road more than the person who hit them.

6. SebrightLuver

SebrightLuver Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Quote:But a whole dozen in one swoop?

Seems to me the way they were laidout,they were following the leader home in a close knit flock,and some idiot managed to kill them all. Seems to me it was some cretin given the facts of the whole flock perishing together in the road.How the heel can you not see a whole flock?? [​IMG]

Same way people don't see a moose, or a deer, they are a whole lot bigger then a bunch of bantams. If they were following one another, walking down the road then its not surprising they were hit. How do you know they weren't even hit at night? I think you need to look at the bigger picture before you start bashing people, it could very well have been an accident. Or it could have been on purpose, you just never know.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep! Even it is purely an accident.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    If you do it on purpose, its hard to run over surviving chicks all over the road, many of them would run for cover in the ditches. I must say it is purely accidental if they were all killed at one swoop.

9. gmendoza

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Well maybe Im the only one who will swerve to avoid hitting any animal.I wouldnt swerve into oncomming traffic so the animal better steppen up the pace.I drive home on that road every day and evening to and from work. This had to happen between 6:00pm to 6:30am its a 12 hour window I know,but on this particular road,people seem to try to fly thru it at unreasonable speeds because its a country road by-pass. I do see the bigger picture,but my heart goes out to the birds.And Yes I have seen my fair share of jerks running over animals around here for sport, even as close as being the car in front of me and in back of me. [​IMG]

I just have to rant for the dead animals. who will??? [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. SebrightLuver

SebrightLuver Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    If it happened between 6:30PM and 6:30AM I'd say its a good chance they were hit at night, which I think would have been an accident. I don't swerve around animals, I'll slow down, but not swerve. I'm not endangering MY life for an animal, even a flock of bantams.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by