1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

**so sad , daughter's champ chicken passed**

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mainchick, Jan 21, 2009.

1. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    [​IMG] i feel bad. My daughter's Grand Champion black silkie passed away yesterday. She was young, only 5 years old. she really was a good bird. Dumb as dirt and cute as a button. She was one of our two therapy birds. the 4H kids LOVED her and they all used her for educational display and public information at the fair. My daughter is sad, but doing fine. I think we'll have her cremated. it has been an odd couple of days. I hope her roo is going to be okay her loved her.

2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    [​IMG]

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Awww, I am so sorry to hear that. [​IMG] She sounded like she was very special.

4. mainchick

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    thanks. She was so good for my daughter, she really needed something to succeed in and she was so fortunate to have Dotti, the silkie to be the one thing that she was the best at. Bummer.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Aw, I'm so sorry. She did live a decent span, though, so was obviously well cared for. I remember each girl I lost this past year, each one with her own personality and voice.

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    [​IMG] Bless her heart. How sad [​IMG]
    Will your daughter raise more silkies to show?

7. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I'm so sorry. It's never, never easy. [​IMG]

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awww, I am so sorry. Sounds like she was a special little hen for sure. [​IMG]

9. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Loren and I feel your pain. Our Champion Welsummer roo was killed by a racoon yesterday. He was only 8 months old.

10. mainchick

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    you guys are so nice. She won't be showing silkies. he male is good for conformation, but she needs a new bird for showmanship. Her d'uccles are nice looking birds but a bit scatter- brained!! thanks for the love!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by