So Sad for my hen on Valentines Day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TommyVT05, Feb 14, 2008.

1. TommyVT05

TommyVT05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    Even though today is Valentines Day and I am excited for it and everything, my hen got attacked and eatten by a possum last night [​IMG]

She was one of my better Modern Game...and the Trio is now no more. I will post updates on her on my site later on tonight. I don't know why would the possum would ever do such thing...it plucked all her feather out, and there were some that I found with blood and a little bit of meat on it. I was angry and sadden @ the same time.

It was such a gory site to see @ 3:00AM in the morning and it was raining. I ran out there as quick as possible but it was too late.

I was so sadden by it that I couldn't go to sleep again until 4:30AM.

The possum is at least 25lbs or more.

Even though I would like to keep the spirit of Valentine going, the murders life will end tonight, I am ready to take it out.

Im the loving memory of my hen...[​IMG]

Tommy

2. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    im so sorry. i had bobcats eat 30+ of my birds so i finally got mad and shot 3 of them so far [​IMG]

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I am so sorry tommy. My she rest in piece

4. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    rip, little hen

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    If it was 25 lbs or more than it was not any possum that I know of. Did you see it? Are you sure it was a possum? I'm sorry about your hen. Be careful of the varmit, it could have a disease like rabies.

6. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    :aww

7. TommyVT05

TommyVT05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    I will be carefull thanks.

I would prefer not to kill but because I am sure the creature will be back to get some more of my birds that I love and care for so dearly, its got to go.

Its a HUGE one, 2x fatter than this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/seluma/97133036/

Because I am afraid it might attack my tiny dog also, its REALLY got to go.

R.I.P little hen...

Tommy

8. chrisf

chrisf Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    Sorry to hear the terrible news, I had that happen once, lost 8 ducks and a few others to a large raccoon. Now I have electric fencing, haven't lost one. Please tighten up your coop before getting Cy's birds. BTW, I caught the critter in a hav-a-hart trap and lets just say he will never do that again.

9. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    So sorry about your hen.

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I'm so sorry about your hen, Tommy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by