so sad my baby died

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sondra, Jun 11, 2009.

1. sondra

sondra Songster

Apr 3, 2009
    Troy
    So I had this beautiful cochin bantam named Dolly. She was only about 4 weeks old. When I went to check on all my baby chicks I found her under the light smashed. It was awful. The worse part was this was my 2 yr old daughters favorite chick. She took it everywhere with her, that's how it got its name Dolly. Here is a pic of my daughter with Dolly.
    [​IMG]
    In this picture she told me that she was taking Dolly to meet her cousin Ava.
    I had to tell my daughter that Dolly missed her mommy so I took her back where we got her from so she could sleep with her mommy. Gina, my daughter, was so sad that she started crying. Now I have to find a replacement for her. Hoping to find 1 just like Dolly, then maybe I will be able to tell her it's Dolly and she came back to live with us. Is that story wrong? She I of told her something else? My heart is just broken for my daughter and Dolly.
    RIP Dolly, we loved you so much [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Dang... accidents happen...

Our Dolly looks like it's gonna be a roo... and we're naming him Ken.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That is so sad. [​IMG] Your poor little girl, she loved little Dolly. I don't think that story is so bad, after all, you are trying to protect her. She has a whole life ahead of her to learn about "death".

4. RAWR

RAWR Songster

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    -gasp- im so sorry about your loss
    Dolly is having fun with all kinds of 'Buff' Roosters (lol) in the big chicken run in the sky.
    shes in a better place
    -hugs-

5. sondra

sondra Songster

Apr 3, 2009
    Troy
    Thanks everyone for your kind words!

6. RAWR

RAWR Songster

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    no problem hun :]