So Sad - RIP Phyllis - Looking for Silkie Pullet

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Buugette, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Hi all,

We just lost our beautiful and sweet Phyllis to a HAWK! My fault for not thinking and my kids are devestated. Not that I can ever replace her... but I would like to find another Silkie to add to our small family. I really don't want to start with chicks again, and I really only want 1, maybe 2 at the most, more.

Here is her pic... we loved her so much. She is the little partridge in the center. (I don't have a better pic of her here at work...)

[​IMG]

I know we can't replace her... but there is a hole in our flock and it is very noticeable. Perhaps there is another sweet little Silkie heart out there that would enjoy being spoiled rotten, loved like crazy and be the center of our kids world.

If anyone knows anyone, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Diana

RIP Phyllis... we will never forget you. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  2. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    [​IMG]
    sorry for your loss.
    i am sure someone on here can help you out.

3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Im in Ny but I have a nice partridge silkie hen that is about a year old. She has the slightest cross beek but really slight and barely noticable. Other than that she is very nice with nicecolor and huge beard and crest.

Did you want to find one locally or have one shipped?

4. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Quote:I would like to find one locally as I don't want to add additional stress to the situation. Thank you for the offer... I will keep you in mind if I can't find one locally. I have a polish named Little Gray who has a cross beak... she is the sweetest little thing. We file her beak monthly to keep it from getting real bad. I found that if we file the one side, her bottom beak comes more in line with the top beak. I think she is more comfortable that way and does look better. She has no problem eating though... nothing comes between her and her treats. I think it makes her very unique.

(I like the idea that she is a partidge... I would love to find another patridge...)

Thank you again...

Diana

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by