SO Sad today! Had to get rid of my Pom today :(

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    We purchased our Pomeranian 6 yrs ago from a lady who had a puppy mill and I got him ONLY because I felt sorry for him. I should have known better..the lady never did send papers to confirm his pure breed status. And when I went to see her she had moved! OH well...anyway, we loved this little chocolate baby to death!
    We got a boxer a year ago and paid BIG money for him WITH papers this time too. And well anyway my HUGE 85 lb boxer is now WAY to rough with our baby and our baby hated the country life once we moved and started to potty on the floor. I seen an ad, woman and her daughter looking for a small dog. I called and they came to look at him and fell in love. I let him go knowing he was going to be well taken care of and loved! I am so sad...wondering if I did the right thing! [​IMG] He's been gone an hour and I already miss him dearly!

2. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    Sometimes the right thing to do can be really hard. It sounds like you did the right thing for your little one.

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    It does sound like you did the right thing for him. I know how incredibly hard that was to let him go. It sounds like he's going to a wonderful, loving home though.

[​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

:aww Im so sorry you had to get rid of your little pom. Those little buggers have a way of getting into your heart, but good! I have 3 of them...and I swore I would never have a frilly foo foo dog...but these have quickly become my babies! Do you get to have visitations? That might help some. Or at least an update from them once in a while.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by