So sad

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by addicted2chicks, Mar 24, 2009.

1. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    My chicks were due to arrive tomorrow morning and I have been so excited. They just called from the hatchery to say that they didn't have enough to fill the order so they will be sending them next week. [​IMG] My guineas also come next week so I was hoping to have 1 week with the chicks before getting the guineas come. Guess I will have one busy week next week with all the babies coming.

2. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    That's a Bummer!! Mine were to arrive this week but then I couldn't find someone to watch them over Easter when we are gone for 4days so had to delay shipment of them and the next date they had available was 22Apr.......so I feel for you!!! [​IMG]

3. crzychicken

crzychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    That stinks [​IMG] you get all geared up for them and the news comes and you bummed out [​IMG] and as soon as they get here you'll be all happy again [​IMG] it's the waiting that stinks [​IMG] send pixs

4. chickenkate

chickenkate Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2009
    East coast
    Which hatchery was it?

5. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

aww, sorry to hear that. Perhaps delaying the guineas could help? Glad to hear your going to have all those fuzzy butts!

6. Chicktastic

Chicktastic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Oh man! Thats awful. I would also be sad. The waiting is the worst part. We have some on order for the 23rd of next month. We also have a bunch in the incubator and a bit more under a broody hen. I have begun to wonder what I am thinking.

Hey I have that squirrel picture too! I love squirrels. LOL

7. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    It was Townline hatchery. But I can't blame them, it was a huge order and they just didn't have enough to fill the entire order of 100. So I can understand. Now if it was an order of 10 and they couldn't fill it, then I would probably have to wonder. Oh well, now we have more time to get things definitely ready. I think we need to build another brooder for just in case so we will get that done this week.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by