1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

so sad....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by warhorse, May 5, 2009.

1. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    [​IMG]

This photo was included in an email titled "When it's okay to swear." Most of the photos were of weird auto accidents, etc...but this one is just sad. There was also one of a horse through a windshield. The auto mishaps are mildly amusing, but the animal ones I think are just sick for anyone thinking it's funny. [​IMG]

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh that poor mama duck. That is sad. I hate those grates that have the larger opening like that...just for those types of reasons. So sad. And why on earth did the fool taking pictures not try to help them get across there instead of just watching it happen. Idiots!

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  3. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:I agree.

4. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:I agree.

Me too! that is sad! [​IMG] He/She should of helped them. [​IMG]

5. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Don't worry!!!

04/21/2009
    Close Call, But Family Is Safe
    Eight Ducklings Rescued from Buena Park Storm Drain
    Buena Park, Calif …. It took some coaxing, but Mama Duck ultimately stayed with her eight little ones after they were rescued from a storm drain on Beach Blvd., directly across from Knott’s Berry Farm this morning. The Orange County Fire Authority from Buena Park Station #61 received a call for puppies trapped in a storm drain at Beach Blvd. and La Palma Ave. They learned upon arrival that there were, in fact, eight brown-and-tan Mallard hybrid ducklings, huddled in the storm drain with a very concerned mother duck nearby.
    After firefighters carefully rescued the ducklings and placed them in a plastic trash can, SEAACA Animal Control Officer Denise Wilson and her ride-along from the spcaLA arrived and contemplated how best to reunite a very angry (and vocal) mother duck with her babies. “The mama duck was walking towards us and squawking, but we
    knew that the intersection was just too busy to release the babies” said SEAACA officer Wilson. “We ended up taking one baby out of the trash can, showing the mother, waited at the crosswalk till we got the go-ahead signal to cross, and walked across Beach Blvd. to a pond directly across from Knott’s,” Wilson said. “The mother followed us closely, even staying within the boundaries of the crosswalk.”
    Buena Park Police assisted with traffic control to ensure the safety of all involved. “It was so sweet to see the concerned mother duck quickly take stock of her little ones and swim off together as a family,” stated Wilson. “This I why I love my job.”

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I might add to my previous post....I would like to take the camera from that fool and shove him/her down the opening of that grate and let mama duck watch!

People like that just make me sick and truly are a waste of good oxygen.

7. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:that sounds better =]

8. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    The fire dept will not get a cat out of a tree but to rescue baby ducks that is just awesome. Not all news is bad news. The story put a smile on my face. [​IMG]

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

awwww, I'm so happy the babies are back with their momma. Most times people will let authorities know about these things, and if they have any compassion they will help them out.

10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    So glad it turned out happy..... agree totally with Cetawin..... the fool with the camera needs shoving down the storm drain....and a brain!...............some people are weird.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by