:( so sad

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LadyBeartoothMamma, Jun 19, 2010.

1. LadyBeartoothMamma

LadyBeartoothMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Yesterday our little our little yellow baby chick didnt make it.. I tried everything i could but to no avail my little girl was heartbroken but i told her that she had five other babies to look after and take care of...

2. teamr10

teamr10 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    So sorry to hear your sad news. We went through the same thing yesterday with our little Rhode Island Red. It's hard, especially with the kids.[​IMG]

3. LadyBeartoothMamma

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    thankyou. yeah it sucks cause you do everything you can, oh well im glad that we had the time we did with her though [​IMG] sorry for your loss

4. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] to both families on the loss of your chicks. It is hard for adults to lose one then with children it is harder. Glad they have other ones to care for.

5. dragonlair

dragonlair Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Maine
    I've been fighting to keep my little baby flock alive. I got them from the USPS Thursday and most were real bad off. I called in sick at work to keep working with the chicks, but I lost 10 of them at this point and there is 1 more who isn't looking very good, tiny, weak and just won't eat or drink on her own. Pretty bad odds-10 dead out of 24 chicks. Poor little baby Biddies.[​IMG]

6. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    So sorry to hear.
    Hope you ask for a refund/replacement for the dead & dying chicks...they do give it.

7. LadyBeartoothMamma

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    [​IMG] sorry dragonlair yeah it does suck big time. I hope that some of yours makes it. [​IMG]
    @danischi yeah i left them and email hopefully they can replace it for me. if not thats the last time i order from them

8. dragonlair

dragonlair Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Maine
    The refunds are nice, but I wanted the chicks! I ordered 25 because I wanted 25! Its so sad watching those poor Biddy babies die. I was crushed, I can imagine how your little girl felt. How especially awful for your daughter.

9. Yardbirds286

Yardbirds286 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Western Mass
    So sorry to hear of your loss. Give big hugs to your little one from all of us. [​IMG]

10. Willow's Meadow

Willow's Meadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    So sorry for your loss! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by