So sad...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 4H kids and mom, Apr 28, 2007.

1. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Well, our chicks were sent out on Thursday morning, due to arrive by this morn. PO says they aren't there, and there are no other Priorities coming in at another time today. I even called our main PO which is where the chicks were routed from last time, and they say they dont hear cheepin either. I reminded them that with it being in the 70s out, if they arent cold they wont be cheepin, and its such a small box its probably misplaced. The main PO closes at 11, as does our local. If we cant find them by then, I am certain none will alive when they finally get here on Monday. [​IMG] Thats 5 whole days without food/water. I really doubt they'd make it.

I was so worried about all the extra chicks I'd have, now I'm fretting over the ones that wont make it here. I spoke to the hatchery, and they are just as upset. They will, of course, replace any losses, but that doesn't help the poor souls that are forgotten somewhere now. Aww, poor babies. Makes me sad to think of them suffering in a dark tiny box somewhere. Yes, half of them are meat birds, but they deserved to live the 8 weeks they were bred to live at least. I'm soooo sad right now. Tryin to be hopeful that someone at the PO will do their job and find them and call me. I dont even mind driving the hour plus to go get them. Poor babies.... [​IMG]

2. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    I'm soo sorry to hear that... :aww Maybe some will be strong eough to make it.
    Miriam

3. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    I'm sooo sorry for those poor babies, too. I'm praying for a miracle.....
    Stephanie

4. jmofaustin

jmofaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Austin, TX
    [​IMG] Keep calling them till they are sick of you, someone will look for them. [​IMG]

5. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Well, the PO an hour and some from me just called and they have them! I have to run out and get them now. I'll post when I get back! Thanks guys!

6. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Oh, jeeze...that is such terrible news. [​IMG]
    I agree, keep calling and they'll keep looking.
    Hoping they are strong and survive!!! [​IMG]

7. Ravenxxx

Ravenxxx Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2007
    England
    oh good luck!! fingers crossed they all safe and well!

8. Tambone

Tambone New Egg

Apr 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Oh my. I'm a newbie here but feel so sorry for the little chicks? Any news?

9. jmofaustin

jmofaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Any news? Are you back yet?

10. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by