So Scared

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mamachic1967, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Mamachic1967

Mamachic1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2015
    Today I found out I have Stage 1 Follicular Lmphnoma. I am 48, married with a grown son. I am scared I'm going to die. My husband tells me they caught it at an early stage and it's treatable. What concerns me is that the swollen lymph nodes appeared quickly, so who's to say the Lymphnoma won't devolope into Stage 2 or affect the one kidney I have. So many worries. Is there any one out there that's been disagnosed with cancer or have been? I could really use someone to talk to.

Thanks

2. LRH97

LRH97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Southern Illinois
    I'm so very sorry to hear this. I don't have cancer but it has touched my life very personally through family members. Yours is treatable, that's a major plus. I will say a prayer for you tonight, and if you ever need someone to talk to, please feel free to PM me. Stay positive.

I don't know if you're religious or not, but one of the best ways I can convey support is through this verse: "Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9

It was one of my grandma's favorites and has gotten me through some tough times. All my best to you.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So sorry [​IMG] BYC does have a "Cancer Support Group," please do check it out. Just put that name in the search box and it will come up. I just checked to make sure and see many of my BYC friends on there.

4. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio

Good morning Mamachic1967. Very sorry to hear of your diagnosis. But I'm very glad it was caught early. I do not have the same type of cancer you have, but early diagnosis and treatment is key with any Cancer. I subscribed to a cancer support thread here at BYC a while back. It has some really nice folks who can listen, encourage, and possibly educate you. Here is the link:

So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

Hope you can pop in sometime. Have a wonderful day :hugs

5. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Well, I tried to link the thread, but it's not working.....sorry! I am computer challenged. Just type in "So..." in the Search bar top left corner of this page.

6. Mamachic1967

Apr 1, 2015
    Thank you so much, that's very kind.

7. Mamachic1967

Apr 1, 2015
    Thank you I think I would like to join a support group. Thank you for the link.

8. Mamachic1967

Apr 1, 2015
    ok

9. Mamachic1967

Apr 1, 2015
    Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by