So sick and tired

GableBabble

Ninja Chicken Herder
9 Years
May 27, 2010
This has been a long month. I am so ready for it to be over....

To start with, my house is an older house. Very older. I love it, but it has it's share of problems. About two weeks ago my counterpart stove and Dutch ovens all went down. We ate microwave dinners for a week waiting to get prices and whatnot on the items. Then my microwave goes down b/c my son nuked a fork.....
So we ate sandwiches for two weeks while getting the whole "I'll be out tomorrow with the crew to measure and whatnot".
I finally get my oven and stovetop replaced and darn if I get up this morning to NO WATER! I hear it running somewhere, but nothing comes out. I called my Husband who was at work (he does not get off until 7pm). I head out with the phone to find my large pumphouse full of water.
he.gif
barnie.gif

So after the large cost of fixing the kitchen items we now are faced with this. He calls his boss and asks to leave early, thank you Ed! See Fedex is screwy. He goes in at 5am and gets off at 7pm. He has about a 45 to an hour drive in, but then has to wait on his truck to be loaded. He is a driver, they are not employed by FedEx but rather contracted out. So anyway even though he is getting off early he is loosing about 200.00 on his paycheck b/c of leaving today. With that noted the dagblasted tank that is ruptured, huge crack down the side of it, will cost 599.99 to purchase. Then on top of that we have to replace all the pvc pipe that was attached to it b/c it is rotted. In the meantime NO WATER. It is hot and I know the animals want something cool and fresh....ugh.
I would do all this myself, but I procrastinated myself out of a drivers license. I have yet to get it renewed. I get so busy here with all the livestock and gardening that I always say "I'll do it tomorrow". I feel like a huge pile of worthless poo at the moment.

hide.gif
When it rains it pours.

Quote:
I'm something of a DIY person from not having the means in the past to pay for someone else to repair stuff. I'd like to try and help. The PVC piping is a easy DIY job with the cement and pipe from any lumberyard or town & country store. You didn't say wheather the pump house tank that is ruptured is a priming tank or a pressure surge tank. A priming tank is merely a volume to hold water with a topside waterpump discharging to a jetpump to raise the water out of the well----if that's the case, it may be possible to to a temporary patch repair. If the tank was a pressure surge tank--they have a internal bladder to provide a pressure reserve and the submersible well pump cycles on and off due to a pressure switch. If that pressure switch failed, that may be what ruptured the tank and you may have more then just the tank to replace. Was the tank failure due to corrosion or overpressure?

hugs.gif
I feel your pain, it has been a heck of month around here as well, and next month does not look any better. Try and hang in there and take solace in the good things. Take some deep breaths in the garden, hug some livestock and know that everything does sort itself out in the end.

Darkmatter- I do not mean to sound stupid, but I have no idea which it is. The tank is a Aqua-Air Water System Tank. It is the blue one. Model # V60 Serial # GH9021-876. I did a search on the internet and that turned up alot of leak problems others have had. I am thinking it is the one with the bladder in it. If we could patch the tank for a few weeks I will not have to use the kids Back to school money for the tank. I hope that is an option for us, as I hate having to send the kids to school with just the bare basics.

Hubbie called to say he would not be able to leave until 4:30. He has over 40 deliveries left. Ed is doing his pickups. Kids are complaining without anything to drink. I have a major headache. Sometimes I wonder if I have brains at all. Just dawned on me I could ride one of the horses down to the small store.....

Thanks for all the hugs and support. I'm not really sure at this point if it is the money bothering me so badly or the line of repairs we have had to take on. I freak out over money. I have had a panic attack in the bathroom of the Bi-Lo before just over prices. We are not broke, but we have been there before and I think it just scares me that we could get that way again.
My husband used to quit jobs. Or just not work. For years we struggled with nothing. My Dad was always there to tell me things will get better. He saw alot of good in the husband and to stick with it. Now, Dad is gone and no one to talk to or turn to for help. Hubbie works and has for quite a few years he has done a total 360. It is just me being mental.

Quote:
Yeah, that's a bladder tank with a bad reputation. I have a submersible well pump also with a bladder tank, the first tank I had developed leaks in the bladder and at that time I could replace just the bladder. I did that and it only lasted another couple years. I ended up replacing with a Sears model and it's been working for nearly 30 years now. It does sound like you may need the controller on/off setpoints checked, most have a gage on the water line and you can turn on a facet to drain the water and watch the gage to see and what pressure points the pump turns on and off. If it's in accordance with specs, then the tank needs replaced, check around, that price seems higher then necessary. Was that price quote including installation? Do you have a DIY friend? It's not hard to replace the tank and controller yourself and/or adjust pressure setpoints if you can buy just the components. PVC piping is also easy to repair/replace. I did all my installation myself years ago by reading the instructions that came with the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom