so sweet! Pic added #4

ShaggysGirl

Songster
10 Years
May 24, 2009
Temperance, MI
Last monday we had our first two eggs then through the week we totaled 7. No eggs yesterday. Today when I went out to feed and water I noted one in a nest box on the third row. She hopped out then there was her egg
smile.png

Now while she was laying her egg another hen named Honey was pacing back and forth in front of the nest boxes, then pace under the window. She tried to fly up into the nest on the third or forth row and missed like 6 times between all this pacing. Several times she'd go to the corner and scratch around the bedding.
Finally she went into a nest on the bottom row.
It was so sweet 5 other girls were in the coop looking and being very quiet. Honey was scooting around in the box a bit. I heard what sounded like a small baby cry. Then all 5 girls were right there poking their heads in the box. It looked like they were all comforting her in her laying of her first egg. Slowly one by one they walked away from the box after standing there a good 5 minuets. About a minuet after the last one left Honey got out, took a drink of water. I went in and there it was Honey's first egg.

Last edited:
I know they are so sweet
Here is a pic I managed to get with my phone before the all moved away from the nest. Honey is in the nest you can barley see her.
32279_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom