So sweet.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AnimalsComeFirst, Jan 30, 2012.

1. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    I adore my Gloria. For those that don't know her, she and my half blind buff orpington Penny were abandoned in a small pen cramed with 15 other chickens. Gloria always stands by Penny's side and protects her. Gloria is known for her "not-so-pleasant-face"/"I-kill-you-face" and some think she wouldn't be a protector, but yet, she completely adores this half-blind chicken!

In conclusion, I just wanted to share this adorable picture of them sleeping together at my backdoor. Anyone here have hens who love eachother alot?

[​IMG]

2. christineavatar

christineavatar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Bolinas, CA
    I don't have anything to compare this to but it is sooooo sweet. Thank you for sharing it.

3. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Awww that's so cute how she does that! I don't have hens, of course, and, of course, they don't love each other because they don't exist, but my budgie's pretty in love with himself (the one in the mirror).He would sit and chirp to himself and try to feed himself.. so funny!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  4. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    AW! SO CUTE!

:)

5. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    What special girls :)

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwwwww, I just love the pic. Thanks for sharing.

7. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    awesome![​IMG]

8. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Those two are the sweetest things together. I already know I love my BO's but Gloria makes me want to get a Barred Rocks. I'm at my limit now but the next time I get hens, I'm DEFINITELY getting a BR to go with my BO's in hopes they get along like your Penny and Gloria.

9. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I have two silkies that are like that. Both bought at the same time. We call them the 'twins' even though they look nothing alike. They are always together. They sleep together alone - away from everyone else, and hang out together all day. Such a cute pair Here they are with my roo following. [​IMG] Here is Ida trying to figure out where Pearl went :gig [​IMG] [​IMG] I find my silkies all like to stick together, but especially Pearl and Ida. It's so adorable.

10. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    I don't currently have two that are inseparable, but I sure do have chickens at the back door. What is that about? They lay down and watch us through the door in the 'Big Coop!'

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by