SO tempted at TSC today!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by EmAbTo48, Mar 2, 2012.

1. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    I have never raised ducks from ducklings all 8 of mine have come to me by rescues. So walking past the ducklings at TSC today to get some supplies was sooooo hard lol they are to adorable!

Maybe another time :) pretty sure though if they would have had a bigger breed (they had mallards right now) duck I would have caved HA :D

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I love how ducklings in those bins crowd around to check out your hand, unlike chicks which try to get away.

And ducks always have smiles on their bills - baby duckling even more so, happy little things. "Whatcha got? Whatcha got? Anything for me? "

I cannot resist Cayuga ducklings.

3. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    I too was tempted at TSC yesterday. Luckily all they had were mallards and I have those. But the speckled sussex chicks... oh man. I must have stood there for 15 minutes trying to justify the purchase. And when the girl asked, "Can I help you with some?" I said, "No, I'm NOT getting any. Not gonna do it. Turn around slowly and walk away."

She said she hears that response all the time. LOL.

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    lol. I caved in at our feed store on wednesday! Those runners and cayugas were TOOOO cute! so i got one of each. love em to peices...

5. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    I wish ours had something besides mallards and rouens. (co-mingling of course) They didn't even have Pekins! Who doesn't have Pekins?

6. MonsterMom

MonsterMom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2012
    SoCal
    Oh man, I just barely talked my husband into chickies. I doubt I'd be able to get ducklings, too. Ha!

7. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    Our TSC gets different kinds I assume after they sell out maybe? I always wonder what happens to those poor babies if they don't find a home? Do they get shipped back to the hatchery?!

Anyways yeah if they get a larger breed id probably get 2, I just have never had mallards id think my big breeds (pekin/rouen) would just fight with them.

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I try to always stay away from TSC during chick days but this past Thurs. my dad and I stopped by I need FR. and there was 3 lil pekins only it's a good thing there was 3 or even just 2 because if there had only been 1 my mama instinct would have taken over and home it would have come.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by