SO tempted at TSC today!

EmAbTo48

Songster
8 Years
Jul 9, 2011
Northern Wisconsin
I have never raised ducks from ducklings all 8 of mine have come to me by rescues. So walking past the ducklings at TSC today to get some supplies was sooooo hard lol they are to adorable!

Maybe another time :) pretty sure though if they would have had a bigger breed (they had mallards right now) duck I would have caved HA :D

I love how ducklings in those bins crowd around to check out your hand, unlike chicks which try to get away.

And ducks always have smiles on their bills - baby duckling even more so, happy little things. "Whatcha got? Whatcha got? Anything for me? "

I cannot resist Cayuga ducklings.

I too was tempted at TSC yesterday. Luckily all they had were mallards and I have those. But the speckled sussex chicks... oh man. I must have stood there for 15 minutes trying to justify the purchase. And when the girl asked, "Can I help you with some?" I said, "No, I'm NOT getting any. Not gonna do it. Turn around slowly and walk away."

She said she hears that response all the time. LOL.

lol. I caved in at our feed store on wednesday! Those runners and cayugas were TOOOO cute! so i got one of each. love em to peices...

Our TSC gets different kinds I assume after they sell out maybe? I always wonder what happens to those poor babies if they don't find a home? Do they get shipped back to the hatchery?!

Anyways yeah if they get a larger breed id probably get 2, I just have never had mallards id think my big breeds (pekin/rouen) would just fight with them.

I try to always stay away from TSC during chick days but this past Thurs. my dad and I stopped by I need FR. and there was 3 lil pekins only it's a good thing there was 3 or even just 2 because if there had only been 1 my mama instinct would have taken over and home it would have come.

Our TSC gets different kinds I assume after they sell out maybe? I always wonder what happens to those poor babies if they don't find a home? Do they get shipped back to the hatchery?!
Anyways yeah if they get a larger breed id probably get 2, I just have never had mallards id think my big breeds (pekin/rouen) would just fight with them.

Back
Top Bottom