So, the doctor said:

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sourland, Apr 26, 2011.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Had my annual physical today. Actualy it's been 18 months since I was last in his office.[​IMG] Bloodwork, EKG, poking and prodding-all indicated good health. Hearing test--FAILED? Anyway, he asked if I had any problems. I mentioned that I was starting to feel very tired at the end of every day. He asked for a rundown of my typical day- I provided my schedule. His reply: "I can solve your problem. Sleep longer and do less. You are not 25 anymore. You're going to be 70 in July."[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I'll have to remember that and respect my elders. I don't say that to many people on this forum. Please remind me if I forget.

I remember when my grandfather had his first stroke at age 72. The doctor told him he would never walk again. After his third stroke several year later, he did have to use a cane when he went to feed the cows.

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    GLAD TO SEE YOU'RE STILL A FIESTY OLD BOOGER!

NUTTIN WRONG WITH TAKING A BREAK FROM ALL THE CHORES, JUST DON'T FORGET THE GERITOL.

I'M SHOUTING SO YOU CAN HEAR ME, HOW ARE THE EYEBALLS?

[​IMG] ranchie hides from return fire.......

4. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    My Grand ma live to be 97 lived on her own until the last 3 days of her life. I think age is just a number don't let anyone tell you different Sourland.

5. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Funny how you old guys need to be reminded of your age.[​IMG]

Sorry George, but he's right...you're supposed to be sitting in your rocker and telling kids to get off your lawn...[​IMG]

6. retiredwithchicks

retiredwithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Byrdstown, TN
    My 92 year old aunt is still making a garden! Hang in there and know when to slow down. You don't have to quit just do it at a slower pace and trim the don't have to list a little. God bless!

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Found my neighbor laying in his driveway yesterday. All cut up from crawling around from the back of his property where he fell of his ladder! He's 87.

I told the paramedic if he wasn't so beat up I was gonna beat him myself for getting up there! We told him over and over we would do that kind of stuff!!

Ugh!!

Sourland - behave yourself!!!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    :lauBehaving myself has always been a problem.[​IMG] RR, don't respect me as an "elder"--doesn't that word just suck! Ranchy, you just had to mention the vision didn't you![​IMG] Schellie, my Mom lived to be 97 and was on her own until 95. Em, speaking of Elders.[​IMG][​IMG] Retired with chicks- I don't know how to slow down. By the way he also insisted that I have the dreaded colonoscopy![​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  9. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    So, the doctor said:

No more monkeys jumping on the bed?

So glad THAT'S not what he said! [​IMG]

10. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    George! I'm NOT an ELDER! I'm...a younger.[​IMG]

I'll respect you though. I'll help you into your rocker, and I'll fetch your cane when you need it, and maybe rub some sunscreen on the top of that bald head...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by