So this is how it all begins......**More Chicks and Pics Added**

Lorije1

Songster
9 Years
Mar 13, 2010
Last week I went to the feed store (s) and came back with 2 BR, 2 Dark Brahma, 2 Golden Comet. They are growing by leaps and bounds. The BR have tons of feathers and one can jump out of the tote bin to come get in my lap.

Today, I went to buy garden seed and the evil feed store people had the chicks just inside the front door. There was no avoiding them so it was not my fault!!! I now have 3 of the cutest little chubby faced EEs EVER (1 light yellow chipmunk, 1 kind of a "strawberry blonde" chipmunk, and 1 a dark brown). I also ended up with 2 RIRs.... 1 already named Reba ( a nice abbreviation for Red beaked b... I mean, biddy).
My nephew has my camera until tomorrow, but pics will come because those EEs are the most awesome!

Last edited:
Yep, that is how it starts! I went to get 6 the first time but came home to 13 ended up losing some went back and totaled out at 16 then bought 4 hens which totaled me at 20. I lost one hen over the winter but have since hatched out 3 Silkies, 4 FBCM, 2 bantam cochins and purchased 6 more Silkies, 4 more gold links, 3 more EE's, and 39 cornish x's! So my planned 6 chickens turned out to be 80! Of course the meaties will be processed and some of the others will be sold but it is very addicting!

Congratulations on your new girls!

You need to avoid the feed store at all cost this time of year. They ARE precious, aren't they?
hugs.gif

I confiscated a friends camera.... I couldn't stand it. Here are my new girls:
(ETA - how do I edit the title to say pics added?)

51084_mascara.jpg

51084_eyes.jpg

That is feed on the floor... it isnt dirty ( I know how that bothers folks
wink.png
)
51084_chicks.jpg

51084_brown2.jpg

Love this expression!
51084_brown.jpg

chipmunk blonde
smile.png

51084_blonde.jpg

51084_2ees.jpg

Last edited:
We were amazed at how much the EE's changed as they feathered in. One chick had a BLACK face - - - one day all the black was gone.

Another chick had no black on her face at all - - - one day she had a BLACK BEARD - - -so different from where they start ! !
thumbsup.gif

aren't they adorable??!?!?

I can't wait until they feather out. I drove the guy at the feed store crazy because I wanted different colors instead of all the same LOL

I wish I could have one like I have seen on here.... almost like a white falcon - beautiful! But I am loving these little ones! Reba - the bad RIR - is something else. She doesn't like to be picked up, flies (jumps) off my hand, pecks the others. She has calmed down some now they are getting settled in, but I was about ready to trade her in!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom