So upset!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by patnjess, May 18, 2010.

1. patnjess

patnjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    I absolutley feel for that families, this isn't about that part....

The oil spill has reached the Keys! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I don't know if you guys have been there or not, but this place is teaming with aquatic life. It is the most beautiful place in the continental US IMO. The reefs! The largest reef in the US is there. UGH!
    This is our families very favorite vacation spot. So many happy memories, now who knows what we will go back to! Millions of fish, turtles, dolphins, ugh! I'm just so sad.

For those that have never been there, its like stepping into the Carribean without needing a passport! Torquise water just absolutly gorgeous. Now there are tar balls, and more to come [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] It makes me sick to even think about it....

3. Whitewater

Whitewater Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    Oh, no!

I has a sad, now.

Whitewater

4. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    NO! I thought the oil spill was going ok until you mentioned that....that really makes me sick. I typically go to New Smryna or Daytona beach for summer vacations, because I always catch loads of fish there. Those places are 45 minutes from me and I love going there. But to tell the truth, I'd much rather have that oil spill on my vacation beach than they keys....even if I've never been there. I can only imagine all the animals that will suffer......sigh...

5. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Yep, tar balls have been found on the beaches. They are saying the slick could reach KW by Sunday.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Petduckboy, be careful what you wish for. There are rumors that this mess may work its way up the Eastern seaboard.

7. Pet Duck Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Quote:I sure hope not....the animals have already taken a toll from the recent chilly winter, many snook and exotic fish like peacock bass are dead....[​IMG]

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I sure hope not....the animals have already taken a toll from the recent chilly winter, many snook and exotic fish like peacock bass are dead....[​IMG]

Yum.. i love Florida snook... We used to eat it alot. [​IMG]

9. Pet Duck Boy

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL

Yum.. i love Florida snook... We used to eat it alot. [​IMG]

Oh yes! I always snuck in a few in my bucket even when their not in season...[​IMG]

If I'm not targetting snook I'll catch plenty of sea trout and mangrove snapper, DELICIOUS!

10. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Such a sad time...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by