So very, very cold!!!!! Beef stew helped but only so much!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, Apr 6, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I seriously don't think I can handle much more cold weather. I just don't do the cold thing. It is 38 degrees right now and the wind is blowing hard. We have spent the day with little snow flurries to add insult to injury. *sigh*

Was going to have a roast for dinner bit it was so cold......I kept seeing a big pot of stew when I looked at it so this morning I chopped that thing up (a wonderful roast from a friend's cattle [​IMG] ) and made a big old pot of yummy beef stew. It did help. Nothing like a big bowl of something hot when it is miserably cold!!!

Just needed to whine a bit. I want to be warm again!!!!! [​IMG]

2. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    I am in Michigan and I have been cold since November!

Minus the week in Honduras on a mission trip in Feburary. But I have been colder since I have been back.

We got around 8-10 inches of snow last night after a little warm spell!

Where is spring?!?!?!

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

The weather in this country is crazy! You have freezing weather, we have 90 plus degree weather, go figure. If I could, I would certainly take some of your cold weather in a heart beat!

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I know....it is ridiculous! We aren't even getting anything in the way of snow here this winter, though. We got about 7 inches of ice in January that wiped out most of this part of the state.

Alright, I will ship it to you first thing in the morning. I wonder if it will fit in a flat rate box????

The fruit is just starting here and it is going to all freeze. Same thing happened year before last and it was devastating! Many people lost their livelihood. I just want Spring!!!!

5. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

38 degrees must be cold where you are...its a heat wave in us northern states, lol.
    Put on the sweat suits, stockings, I hate to suggest this cause everyone will laugh, but put a blanket around you and bring it up over your head and snuggle in. Got a hot water bottle? Heating pads are terrific!

6. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Make a hot chocolate and snuggle in a blankie while watching something! Yay!

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:Sure wish you could!!! [​IMG]

8. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:LOL doesn't sound strange at all. [​IMG] Believe it or not, I lived in Alaska for 4 1/2 years. [​IMG] I have lived through -40 degrees........I just don't handle it well!!! LOL

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'll deal with the cold just awhile longer, if this dang wind would just quit!

10. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I KNOW!!!!! I am nowhere near little and it almost blew me away!!! It is just awful!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by