So we got her back **UPDATED with PICS**

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Broke Down Ranch, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    On August 24th of 2008 we traded a little half Nubian half Boer doeling for a billy. We were on the way home with our new billy goat (a 300# Nubian) when we got the call our house was on fire.

Fast forward to This past Thursday. Looking on Craigslist and lo' and behold there was Girlfriend, whom we traded for the billy. I emailed the guy and asked if there was anything I could trade to get this VERY PREGNANT girl back. Upon fiding out what happened to us last year he GAVE her to us.

Well, this doe who was not due to kid until the end of this month just gave us twin boys today! We have named them Snicker and Doodle.

Strange how things come around, eh? Will try to get pics in the A.M. You will have to forgive the poor girl's appearance - her feet are the worst I have ever seen and will take months to straighten out. But I am SOOO glad to have her back...I guess it was a good ending [​IMG]

OK, here are a few pics of mama and her 2 boys. Both boys have a white stripe around their bellies - Snicker is the dark one and Doodle of course HAD to move just as the camera clicked.... [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    WOW......lucky for her to get back with you. What happened with your house? Thats terrible.........I hope your family and critters were all ok.

3. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Quote:Yes, it was a horrible thing. We lost a few housepets but everyone was OK. The house and our storage behind the house was all a total loss. I feel we are lucky to have this little girl back. She was well taken care of he was just afriad of stressing her out while preggers....

4. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    That's so cool he gave her back! Congrats on the twins! Love the names, can't wait to see the pics. [​IMG]

Nancy

5. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Congrats all around! Great deal!

6. Hens_And_Chicks

Hens_And_Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Ohio
    A heartwarming story like this gives hope that not all is bad - can't wait to see pics and congratulations on some happy mojo returning!

7. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What great luck! She is obviously meant to be yours! Congratulations on the twins. [​IMG]

8. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

It's so cool that she got to come home to you. [​IMG] What a tank of a goat she is!

9. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Aww... how great that she found her way back to you! Those two kids are adorable!!!

10. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Soo Cute!!! I'm glad she returned home and for Free that is Great!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by