So we went to the fair today.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, May 15, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

And I have to say, either my birds are very spoiled or those at the fair were subpar at best. There were a few polish breeds that were in good shape, but the silkies weren't bathed, one cochin had some bubbly stuff coming out her nose, the tail feathers on several roosters were beaten and all the labels were wrong!!!! They had a RIR label on a Japanese Bantam, standard leghorn on a polish, and a standard leghorn tag on a VERY small banty silver phoenix!!!!!

Needless to say it was very disappointing. [​IMG] One would thinkg that 4-H would teach better skills for raising chickens than the ones these kids had.

2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I tend to think we're an unusually devoted group on here.

3. SarahFair

SarahFair Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I went to a show where they were hair spraying their birds [​IMG]

4. squeakyballs

squeakyballs Songster

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. debilorrah

Quote:I think you are right - we tendto be more discrimitory than most.... However, the bubbling nose really bothered me!!!!

6. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Songster

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Quote:I think you are right - we tendto be more discrimitory than most.... However, the bubbling nose really bothered me!!!!

I think I would've stopped by the carwash and walked through before I went home. [​IMG]

ETA: Without the wax...of course.

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  7. debilorrah

I think I would've stopped by the carwash and walked through before I went home. [​IMG]

Yeah it was pretty gross and I couldn't find the person that owned that bird either. Though I did have fun pointing out all their mistakes with the labeling!!!

8. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA

You DID throughly purell before seeing your birds at home, right?

9. debilorrah

You DID throughly purell before seeing your birds at home, right?

Oh yeah!!! I came home and washed throughly right away!!

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  10. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA

ETA: Without the wax...of course.

Nonsence, you can skip the $50 at the salon on the way home if you do an all-in-one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: