1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So went to work today........ 10 day old silkies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by neVar, Jun 13, 2011.

1. neVar

neVar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Dundurn, Sask
    Coop is coming along (i'll post a seperate thread) starting to think i should call the guy im going to get silkie chicksfrom soon . ...

So today i go into my new job (i'm now grooming at a Petsomething) . and the assistant manager comes in "look what someone left out front" .... a box with "these are 10 day old silkie bantam chickens" and a container of food.

SO i brought em home. Ummmmmm it's hot in my house so id on't have a light on them. gave em a container of food- they seem happy - water? what's a good way to water chicks? i have nothing yet LOL cept a partially finished coop hahaha

Any ideas on what colors they might be? The dark beak one is creamy yellow. The light beaked one is sorta red/tan color but has some lighter and darker areas.
    the box
    [​IMG]

in the kennel (i have SO many kennels to pick from) i'm going to bring shavings home tomorrow- have some at work for the parrot

[​IMG]

2. neVar

neVar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Dundurn, Sask
    Well we survived day one.

My AC is broke at the house so i left them sans a heat light- as they seemed ok temp wise and it should do nothing but get a bit warmer during the day

3. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Wow how lucky!! Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by