So, we're not supposed to call pets "pets"?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thebritt, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    I just read that some group wants to eliminate the use of the word "pet" and start using "companion animal" instead, because the word pet is degrading. [​IMG] Really? I always thought "pet" was an endearing term [​IMG] . Don't the British call their favorite people pets? When I call my dogs back to me when on a walk, I always say, "C'mon Pets!". Is that so wrong? Should I not have said that? Should I be saying, "C'mon Comanion Animals!"? Just saying... [​IMG]

2. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:They should ask the animals if they think it's degrading. [​IMG]

3. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    [​IMG]

4. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Man I get so sick of changing everything we do so as not to offend some person or group, now I am being offensive to my animals?
    What happened to our freedom of speech, what happened to turning the other cheek and just lettin it go?
    Sorry rant over.
    I also think the word pet means friend, at less in my book.

5. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    I refer to all of ours as `lucky'

[​IMG]

6. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Oh geez. [​IMG]

7. GableBabble

GableBabble Ninja Chicken Herder

May 27, 2010
    Quote:OMG. your post, then the pic with the tape.....PRICELESS! [​IMG]

People will prolly get mad. [​IMG] I am sick of sugar coating crap for everyone. I do not owe anyone anything, as well as no one owes me nothin! It is like the whole Indian American thing, your either Indian or your American. Fudge, come on now...no one can have their cake and eat it too! Really?!? Companion Animal? Really?!? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] In my day we would tell people to get off their horse and get a grip.

I call my baby girl my pet, my Bella, my midget. (I also sometime when angry forget her name and go through a roll call...including animals) Pet is an endearment. Pet is not a bad word. People have nothing better to do then sit in their homes in this heat and think of things to complain about. We also had a cat named Puss. We called him something else most of the time. Got a call from a teacher one day. My baby girl was in trouble in the office for painting a picture of her and Puss and putting his name on it. People should use their brains more then their mouths.....

****Sorry for the rant.****

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  8. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Quote:According to my two queen cats the term should be supreme being!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:X2..

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Donkeydust-- enough with the PC baloney. Geez, I can't even use the words that I really want to use. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by