So...what are these two EEs?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by schafer02, Aug 19, 2014.

1. schafer02

schafer02 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2014
    both were hatched here at our house about hmmmmm 4 weeks ago maybe. The red yellow one seems to have that red pattern going that everyone pegs as a rooster...but it seem like it's coming in all over like that and he/she has pretty much no comb and no color to it....

And pictures of our new coop underway! :D whoohooo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Neither one is screaming rooster at this point, but I'd give it another few weeks before callling pullet for sure.

I'm not really seeing EE in these birds....do they both have feathered feet? Where did the eggs come from?

Nice coop, by the way!

3. Are you sure the black one is EE? It looks more like Sumatra to me, unless it has feathered feet.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  4. schafer02

Jul 23, 2014
    ya...it's shady business because I got the eggs online for hatching when one of my hens went broody and wouldn't give it up for over a month or two. I got all broody with her and wanted eggs as soon as possible and got them on e-bay instead of my reliable hatchery I would normally order from. They have theaters on there feet for sure, both of them. And the eggs that I incubated were a nice blue tone color...not really much green tint more sky blue.

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

6. schafer02

Jul 23, 2014
    feathers* on their feet...not "theaters"

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'd be sending pics to the seller and asking what's up with this. They're clearly mixed breed birds.

8. schafer02

Jul 23, 2014
    I might...I thought EE were mixed though by default... I'm new to chickens though. I like the black one a lot whatever it is ;)

9. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

They look to be possible Cochins

10. schafer02

Jul 23, 2014
    looking at pictures of cochin chicks, mine have far fewer feathers on their feet...but that would happen if they were a mix hu?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by