So what are your Christmas dinner plans/traditions?

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
I was just curious what other people do. We used to do the big turkey dinner, but after my sister's and my family started getting so big, we decided we didn't want to end up cooking all day anymore. It always seems like we miss out on the kids enjoying their new toys. SO, we decided to start doing a brunch type deal. This year we will do a breakfast casserole, coffee cake, ham, croissants, rolls, stuffing, jello salad, cheese ball, sweet potato casserole, and pies (of course!).

What are your traditions and what is on your Christmas day menu?
smile.png

Our menu for the big meal is simple this year: Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, salad, pumpkin pie.

We will have fudge and cookies out all day to snack on..... No big deal this year! thanksgiving was over the top and my back is still killing me from it!

Christmas Eve we always go to my mom's and exchange gifts there, then Ken's kids come up on Saturday. This year we have the actually holiday to ourselves!!!! Me, Ken, the three teens.
wee.gif

I have a big Christmas Eve dinner at home for my folks, my MIL, and any other stray sheep who show up. Haul out the good china and crystal and borrow MIL's sterling if I remember. We've had a single friend whose family is WAY out of town the last few years and she spends Christmas with us. Christmas morning we have something simple for breakfast after opening presents, and then my MIL goes home (she stays over Christmas Eve) and we have a big Christmas Day dinner at her house. We don't really have a traditional menu--whatever sounds good that year is what we have. Along with plenty of wine!

Erika

Actually your idea sounds fab! and delicious!

For me this year (as always):-

Turkey/roast potatoes/stuffing/cranberry sauce/ carrots, tossed in butter black pepper and a dash of sherry/sprouts in butter and black pepper/cauliflower & broccoli/gravy with a dash of white wine.
Mashed potato.

Sherry trifle/Christmas pudding with brandy sauce

Cheese and bisquits

Champagne

Then collapse for the afternoon and listen to the Queens speech.....

Evening snacks........

For most of my growing up life, our family all got together on Christmas eve. We had Black Beans & Rice, Spanish Bean Soup and Usually a Roast Pig.
Since we have all grown up and my 2 uncles and my mom's parents are gone we don't do that anymore.
My niece, nephew and sister & BIL all go to my parents, they always do finger foods.
We will be at my In Laws this year with both my BIL's, this will be the first time in over 20 years hubby's whole family will be together, I am taking some goodies I made, fudge, bourbon balls, date nut balls and Peppermint Bark, plus Armadillo Eggs, and a cheese ball.
For Christmas Day we will have Ham and all the yummies that go with it.

Quote:
ooh G!...
th.gif
.....*sorry folks...she escaped again!..i'm looking for that white jacket she wears...*...
droolin.gif
..<<<THIS WAS HER MOST RECENT PHOTO*

Last edited:
I do a Seafood Christmas Eve dinner here, Oysters/Shrimp/Crab bisque soup/Coleslaw/Homemade fries/Biscuits and a dessert. Then we open gifts later that evening. Next day is reserved for my children to spend the morning with their children and Santa.

I do a spiral ham and cornish hens for my Christmas dinner.

I AM NOT!!!

My 7 yr. old is the one who's always trying to put the sheets over my head when she makes a stinker.

I don't have a white jacket redhen...I've got a red mickey mouse hoodie.

what's that? mickey mouse? not byc hoodie? That's right.

M-I-C.....K-E-Y....M-O-U-S-E!

Back
Top Bottom