So what do I have???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rmc85, May 11, 2009.

1. rmc85

rmc85 Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2009
    I'm new to fairly new to chickens because I got my first group of them last year. I came home one night to find that a fox or coyote dug into the coop and killed 7 of our 9 chickens so this year I got 11 more.

This time I got them from my GF's school. They hatch them every year and then give them away. I'm happy I grabbed them because some of the little guys were in pretty poor shape.

Now that I've cleaned them up and they have good food/water/ space to play they are much better. When I first got them I thought a few were going to die but they are all doing well now.

So please help me figure out what I have! Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    They look mixed for the most part, one or two EE's in there. The chicks with the dot on the head might be cockerels.

3. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I definitely agree on the couple EE's.

4. rmc85

rmc85 Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2009
    Sorry for my ignorance but what does EE stand for?

5. fshinggrl

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    EE = Easter Eggers... they lay colorful eggs. A lot of people sell them as Ameraucanas or call them that.

6. calibersway

calibersway Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2009
    Roxboro North Carolina
    I very much so agree with the Easter Eggers, atleast two, maybe all the speckly and striped are easter eggers/EE mixed

picture #1 i'd say Barred Rock or Dominique Barred rock if single comb dominique if its going to bloom a rosecomb.

#2 might be a white rock but that is totally up in the air, it could be just about anything.

I have a bunch of mystery chicks of my own, they are mostly all mixes, but i have a few i know are EE's, and i have a few that look like you #5, and i have no idea what they are. lol.

But look on the bright side, you have a bunch of healthy insanely cute chicks. Enjoy them. eventually you're figure it out, just like me.

7. rmc85

rmc85 Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2009
    Quote:I was thinking I might have one or 2 Barred Rocks from other pic of chicks I've seen. I hope so because they sure are cool looking!

8. rmc85

rmc85 Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2009
    Quote:Thanks for clearing that up for me.

9. fshinggrl

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I love the colorful variety!! Great looking chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by