So, what is a dollar worth anyway?

Quote:
Actually, it wasn't a matter of value compared to other currency. It's a matter of REAL not perceived value of the dollar. You need to watch the video to understand the question.

The video is not available when I try to watch it. I like to travel overseas so my main concern is what the dollar will exchange for, for instance the dollars value in China has gone from 8.28 yuans to 7.39 yuans for one dollar so it has weaken as far as our return and what it will purchase.

the short version is this..

The fed reserve can value or devalue the dollar any time they please by printing more or less of them. The real value of the dollar is virutally nothing as they only hold a small percentage of assets to back up the dollar in reserve. Banks are also only required to hold a small percentage of assets to back up the dollar. So, the real value in gold of a dollar is nothing.

It's an interesting video if you have the time and the bandwidth to watch it.

Quote:
Plus they are competing with the counterfeiters, I have heard that North Korea is one of the largest counterfeiters in the world of US currency. I will try to view it later thanks!

Back
Top Bottom